1. Implement Linux based applications and libraries for IoT device/gateway and data center servers.
2. Automate management of virtual machines and containers
3. Define and execute software unit test cases
4. Familiar with C, C++, Python, Linux and networking protocols
Responsible for software and system testing consisting of hardware platforms and applications across multiple concurrent development efforts.
Design, document, setup, configure, and maintain test networks (LAN/WAN, wireless, voice/data networks), multi-tier web solutions, and cloud based services.
Size and plan test efforts then write and execute test plans and scripts. Identify testing deficiencies and establish procedures to address them via automation.
Responsible for defect reporting, tracking, root-cause analysis, and escalations as needed.
Develop plans, procedures and programs to monitor and evaluate the accuracy and reliability of the system and ensure performance and standards are maintained.
Develop and execute automation to stress test system
Incorporate or improves automation frameworks and provide guidance to other systems QA engineers in multiple locations.
Interact with other Systems QA team to compliment test coverage and leverage automation.
Responsible for leading and providing guidance to a team of QA testers.
Your Background and Skills:
Bachelors/Masters degree in engineering, computer science or related field; advanced degree desirable
5+ years experience writing and executing test plans and test scripts; both manual and automated (e.g. Python, Java, Selenium, and Robotframework).
Excellent organization/planning, interpersonal and communication skills required.
Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage change while delivering to customer expectations while meeting schedules.
Experience with leading a team of testers.
Experience in black and grey box testing.
Experience with SDLC and Agile/Scrum environment.
Familiarity with Jenkins, testing applications with REST web services and Linux environment
Openness to learning other technologies including front-end and back-end frameworks.
Your Personal Attributes and Values:
Values-based leadership style; highly motivated team player
Utilization of integrity and ethics in every step of the business lifecycle
Ability to incorporate agile methodologies, testing tools, testing skills, and disciplined process to gain competitive advantage;
Demonstrated success conducting and building relationships in a highly demanding and rapidly changing environment; satisfy customers and build high value relationships with customers, internal team members, and business partners;
An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be self-generative, responsible, and enjoy working in a highly team-oriented environment; and
Strong writing, public speaking, communication and organizational skills
The individual will be working with a global team of Engineers; who will have a direct impact on business. The network engineer will be responsible for all network operations and related satellite office duties (new user setups, laptop issues, help desk requests). Environment is 24/7 requiring network/system operations systems running smoothly and uninterrupted. You will ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues.
The network Engineer must have an excellent understanding of networking technologies, standards, security and industry best practices. Documentation is a must and be able to work closely with team members globally as well as other IT and company personnel to provide a stable network infrastructure and to ensure effective escalation or resolution of related incidents.
1. Design and implement Network services such as, multi-site WAN connectivity, VoIP, firewall/security policies, VPN.
2. Monitor VoIP, network and server activities with tools such as MRTG/PRTG/Cacti and provide quality metrics to management team
3. Perform root cause analysis for network service interruptions (voice & data) and resolve the issues.
4. Work with ISPs to troubleshoot issues
5. Maintain local and site-to-site VPN and an understanding of secure tunnel configuration
6. Protect and prevent network intrusions by increasing network security
7. Configure network and data ports with the right VLANs
8. Configure and maintain voice mails and auto-attendant
9. Configure and maintain firewall
10. Configure and maintain public static IP
• Design and develop IoT platform for asset management, real-time monitoring, and network communication.
• Work with designer and backend engineer to provide full level, from cloud to edge, control of device on an interactive web GUI.
• Cooperate with frontend engineer to follow best practice and appropriate technologies.
• Experience with modern frontend technology including
o CSS3/Sass/CSS frameworks (e.g. bootstrap/semantic UI)
o Unit test frameworks (e.g. karma)
• Experience with Angular, its best practice, and difference from Angular.js
• Experience with software version control systems (i.e. Git)
• Love sharing ideas and find best place to make them real.
• Experience with data visualization libraries (d3.js, chart.js)
• Experience with agile development
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience with both relational (PostgreSQL) and time series databases (Elasticsearch, Druid )
• Experience with Chef
• Experience with Linux and computer networking
• Develop fast and high volume cloud service you can be proud of that span web apps and APIs to communicate between clients/servers
• Participate in system design, architecture decisions, and participate/lead regular code reviews that keep the team passionate about the product
• Find simple, robust solutions to complex problems and demonstrate great judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Make significant contributions to our various web user space application software development efforts
• Adapt to issues, changes, and quickly learn interesting skills required for latest designs
• Communicate status against planned milestones
• Exercise good engineering practices, such as source control, peer code review, bug tracking, and unit test, etc
• Enjoy working in the team using agile methodologies
- Worked on with ruby/python/php related projects in the last 2 years
- Worked on with rails/django/laravel fully-featured backend frameworks in the last 2 years
- Experienced with any kind of unit-test/automation process
Preferred to have: (to save training time)
- Worked on any of 3 projects with different languages(ruby/python/nodejs are preferred, php/java/scala may also considered for a junior candidate)
- Worked on any of 3 projects with different frameworks(may vary from rails/django/laravel/koa)
- Proficient with any unit test frameworks
- Passion for learning/sharing new stuff
- Experiences with API design/implementation
- Have Ruby experiences during the last 2 years
- Have Rails experiences during the last 2 years
- Familiar with ruby unit test frameworks
- Proficient with RSpec/Do TDD
- Understanding continuous integration/deployment
- Experienced with any of capistrano/ansible/aws
- Master of Computer Science
• Hands-on and automated testing of software products and hardware platforms
• Work directly with QA Manager and other members of the development, project management and business teams to achieve project goals
• Write or assist in the development of test related documentation to include test strategies, test plans, test cases, test scripts and reports
• Develop or participate in automation and performance test activities
• Monitor and report on quality (defect, issue, risk) and Test Execution Reporting
• Review project documentation as a basis for testing documentation and product understanding
• Create testing documentation, process implementation and testing coverage
• Actively find ways to improve testing methodologies, models and process
• Participate Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis, and High Risk reviews
• Work with parties in multiple geo locations in real time which will require occasional off-hour communication and sync up
What we are building
- A virtual private cloud providing asset management, real-time analytics, network monitoring, and complex event processing
- Multi-tenacy cloud service for connected transport and industrial IoT
- Using a multitude of backend technologies
- Using state-of-the-art front-end technologies