The main responsibility for the Sales and Business Development Engineer is to
Tobii sells eye-tracking platforms (both HW and SW) to device manufacturers in the VR, PC Gaming, PC and Smartphone segments for integration into their products. Current customers include Huawei, Dell/Alienware, Acer, MSi etc . Tobii also works very closely with the world’s largest game studios for integrations into PC and VR games, for example Ubisoft, Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics and the like for integration into games like The Division, Assasins Creed, Watch Dogs 2, DeusX and Tombraider.
The Sales Engineer will be part of the Tobii China/Taiwan Region Sales organization and report to PC Segment Director of Sales and have its primary location in the Tobii Taipei office.
Sales & Business Development Engineer Responsibilities:
• Managing existing accounts
o Working with PC Segment Director of Sales to formulate account plan and sales strategy to support the PC Segment Business plan
o Perform weekly and sometimes daily meetings with large and medium size OEM’s and ODM’s
o Facilitate meeting between Tobii and customer’s high level customer functions.
o Building business cases and presenting this to Customers
o Analyzing customers and their needs in order to find opportunities and pain points
o Identifying key stake holders and decide on the specific account strategy in terms of people interaction
o Prioritize accounts in time and probabilities
o Coordinate sales activities between the customer and Tobii functions such as Techical Sales, Integration team, Product Management, Marketing, User experience etc.
o Facilitate and articulate the complete content/user experience together with Sales, IPM, product management and synchronize messaging with marketing.
o Identifying new features and functions that the OEM’s need, in order to close the deal.
o Being an expert in performing demonstrations of the Tobii Product solution in the PC gaming, general computing in PC and IPC/IOT fields as well as other SW applications
o Do product presentations and perform demos to excite a broad range of customer representatives to build momentum and buy-in for the launch
• Break in and identifying new accounts:
o Break into new accounts. Using your network, as well as making new connections, identify and pursue new opportunities
o Regular brain storming sessions with Director of Sales and technical sales to identify new opportunities
o Contribute to product strategy and market focus discussion by working together with Director of Sales to regularly identify opportunities and gaps/needs to quarterly present to PC Segment
The Sales Engineer should
• Follow up and create trust in the customer’s organizations.
• Prepare and perform presentations in Chinese and English.
• Have a good technical understanding also of complex solutions.
• Have a social and positive attitude, being able to interact with people on different levels and in different situations
• Be eager to close deals
• Have driving license and be able to travel to multiple customer site
• Be willing to travel, both local and international
• Have a university degree in Science or business.
• Have a keen interest in technology
• PC Gaming and/or VR experience is a strong plus
• Sales – Good presentation skill, deal maker and customer relationship building / structure
• Technical interest – Follow trends, own IT set up, Consumer tech
• Gaming – Demo king/queen. Use case oriented. User oriented.
• Chinese and English
• Experience from working in Sales. Good plus if person has experience with Chinese OEMs and ODMs of consumer electronics.