The main responsibility of this position is to develop market opportunities and maintain existing customers to meet company growth and profitable operating targets.
1. Develop new prospects and sign profitable contract meeting Company expectations.
2. Secure and maintain existing 20 key accounts with high loyalty to Company.
3. Agree and achieve Company operating plan, which will enable the Company to set competitive and profitable prices.
4. Consolidate Company internal resources to deliver the difference and value-added service.
5. Work with cross function team to meet AP safety request on customer site operation.
6. Correctly and timely reflect the true market information to top management for decision making.
Manage the Taiwan Capital Procurement team in the execution of procurement activities which support the capital (engineering, equipment, materials and services), construction, logistics, source inspection and expediting areas for Air Products’ capital projects.
1. Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
2. Personally manage key project procurement activities, lead supplier negotiations for key equipment, material, monitor construction packages and services packages.
3. Provide procurement support to bidding opportunity, always provide most competitiveness solutions aligned with product sourcing strategies.
4. Proactively bring Procurement expertise to bids and projects to improve and sustain competitiveness.
5. Manage Purchase Requisition, Logistics, Expediting and Source Inspection per Project Procurement Strategy
6. Develop & implement transportation and logistics strategies and policies to improve operational efficiency and achieve business operational targets.
7. Coordinate with Sourcing and projects to define INCOTERMS for certain type of purchases or a specific Purchase Order.
8. Implement Smart Plant Material Control process and tool for Taiwan projects.
9. Communicate and develop execution strategies to respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
10. Lead the organization to pursue innovative supplier solutions that maximize the value proposition across the supply chain.
11. Manage the team to follow the procurement work processes and tools.
12. Interface at senior management levels within the suppliers’ organizations to represent Air Products’ interests.
13. Use the S&OP work process to manage resources to support new bid and project work. Provide procurement service hour estimation to bid opportunities.
14. Set a leadership example by cultivating a team environment that values diversity and inclusion
15. Mentoring, develop and performance manage through regular coaching, feedback review.
Equipment Procurement Specifics:
• Lead cross-function team to follow Company procedure for all sourcing activities
• Bidder list development
• RFQ document
• Organize clarification meeting
• Commercial evaluation
• Contract/PO negotiation and award
• Contract/PO management
• Claim and back charge management
• Procurement end to end process management
• Ensure global and regional sourcing strategy implementation for Taiwan capital projects
• Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery and pre-qualification.
• Involve in the PDE stage to support critical project bidding and cost estimation
• Supplier relationship management - manage supplier performance and maintain interface with supplier’s organization.
• Be responsible for local vendor database development
• Be responsible for the sourcing activities for new capital projects in Taiwan
• Work with Asia category sourcing managers to develop sourcing strategy for each individual project and get aligned with cross function team
• Be responsible for the contract/PO management, such as risk control, change /addendum negotiation, supplier performance review etc.
• Ensure compliance with company and safety standards as well as local customs regulations and requirements.
• Team leadership
• Excellence in supplier negotiation
• Strong external focus
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills in both English and local language
• Proactive collaborator
• Ability to achieve assigned results
• Strong influencing, coaching, communication and facilitative skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong work process knowledge of systems and solutions