The primary responsibilities of this role are:
• Use RGA administration system to process client statement/data to ensure accuracy and completeness on the final results for reporting.
• For statements not received, make sure correct accrual methods are adopted and reasonable amounts are accrued at each month end process
• Identify risks to be ceded out and calculate related amounts accurately according to retrocession arrangement at each month end
• Map or remap data into a common format in case of new format or format hange on client data
• Extract and analyze data to fulfill ad hoc projects, e.g. experience study
• Support on various management reporting tasks
• Support to review treaty content from admin's perspective
• Support on BAT activities
• Support on different type of project execution and management
• Actively involved in team discussion and be able to effectively communicate with other local functions
Ensure that the company’s administration standards and time service requirements are applied to the handling of all business received.
Ensure that the administration of all Taiwan business adheres to RGA treaties.
Provide administration data for input to accounting records, valuation systems and regulatory requirements.
Maintain a professional and working relationship with clients.
Maintain a thorough knowledge of Taiwan reinsurance practices and specific RGA treaty practices as they pertain to the management and handling of transfer of risk.
Ensure the Taiwan business is administered appropriately through the RGA chain of companies and the International Retro Pool.
Participate in the analysis of results and monthly statistics to include:
New business volume (AAR, annualized premium, policy count) assumed and retro
Inforce (AAR, annualized premium, policy count) assumed and retro.
Explanation of fluctuations in policy-related accounts (premium, allowances, etc) and explanations of variance of the same to plan.
Participate in claims analysis and management.
Implement administrative procedures and controls for:
New business and termination processing.
New client review
Contribute to the team and respect the culture of the company.
Working closely with other RGA Taiwan teams, Claims, Underwriting, Pricing, Accounts & Financial Reporting, as well as associates from the International Support team based in St. Louis.