• Partner with the leadership team to formulate, develop, implement and evaluate a HR and Talent Management Strategy to achieve the organization’s vision, mission and goals, and to create value to its stakeholders. Regularly engage in direct communication with leadership on key human resources matters.
• Oversee recruitment efforts to ensure that the organization is effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting the right candidates.
• Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, develop core competencies and corresponding development opportunities, and engage leadership in succession planning.
• Identify ways to increase staff retention and productivity, including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, career pathing, and promoting a coherent organizational culture.
• Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, making sure that the organization’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching, collaborate effectively when co-managing staff, and encourage staff to actively participate in identifying and addressing performance gaps.
• Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive training and education, clear systems and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating complaints of harassment/discrimination and other unjust practice allegations.
• Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at all levels relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes educating and advising managers and senior leaders on HR-related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices and policies are aligned. Ensure that employee files and records are properly and
• Design and implement a competitive compensation system and benefit package.
• Design and implement a strategy to optimize and integrate HR technology, enabling managers and employees to easily perform people-related transactions (e.g. benefits enrollment), facilitates delivery of effective HR services, securely stores employee data, and supports people-related decisions.