Please apply via 【www.qualcomm.com/careers】 and refer to number 【3028035】
ADT Engineer responsible for system level Test and debug of Mobile SOC. Work with software teams to evaluate integrated system performance, test and characterize HW/SW interaction, device performance at various operating conditions (voltage, process and thermal), work with the production test teams to develop effective production screens for system level issues. Responsible for clearly communicating engineering status of the tasks regularly to management. Comfortable working with Cross functional remote teams. The position would have an opportunity to interact with different SW & HW teams to understand Premium tier mobile SOC Architecture and deep dive into HW and SW debugs. This position requires significant interaction with teams located in US and India. Excellent communication and teamwork skills are a big plus. Effective time management skills to prioritize across multiple complex issues to ensure deliverables are met on time. The candidate is expected to be self-driven to quickly get up to speed on various aspects of test developments & flexible to take up tasks as per the project needs.
【Principal Duties and Responsibilities】
• Coordinate and drive debug of failures. Use technical expertise to identify solutions to test failures.
• Strong understanding of software automation and software build, android architecture, and arm architecture.
• Work with team to develop automatic reports, dashboards, and charts to share progress growth with key stack holders.
• Preferred to have working experience on mobile SOC KPIS for power and performance.
• Capture and document learning and implementation in upcoming projects.
• Provide regular updates to key stack holders during project execution.
• Experience with characterizing Processors, Graphics, Memory, Thermal and Power performance of SOC is required.
• Experience in developing test cases for Android-based devices is required.
• Experience in analyzing specifications, creating test plans and test execution is required.
• Thorough working knowledge of Android Architecture, Android Boot process, Kernel, Core BSP and Android Performance is required.
• Need to work with lab instruments like Power Supplies, Multimeter, Spectrum analyzer protocol analyzer, Nexus memory analyzer and oscilloscope.
• Hands-on debugging/triaging experience using Android debugging tools and/or using JTAG Lauterbach/Trace32 is required.
• Strong software skills (C#, .NET framework, Java, C/C++, Visual Basic, Perl, Python etc.) for programming and debugging test codes.
• Experience working with Perforce, GIT, or other Source Control SW is required
• Basic knowledge on USB Protocol, CPU, DSP, GPU, DDR will be a plus.
• Overall 2 years or more experience in system level testing, Software testing and software automation for complex SOC’s.
• Education: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication engineering.
• Overall, 2 or more years’ experience in system level testing, Software testing and software automation for complex SOC’s.
• Education: Bachelor’s in computer science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and communication engineering.