Purpose of the Position:
Facilitate and direct daily production activities to ensure control and compliance to established process control and operating procedures. Achieve plant requirements for safety, quality, delivery, selects, uptime, throughput and cost.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Schedule resources and prioritizes activities to assure efficient production schedule compliance to include product changeovers, upgrades, experiments, new product runs, training and maintenance activities.
• Provides daily direction to production and maintenance employees, team leaders, technicians and engineers on established procedures and policies.
• Communicate and report production and process performance metrics to production teams, plant operations staff and functional leaders. Ensure that production targets and delivery requirements are met on a daily and weekly basis.
• Engage with plant teams and functional groups responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements & cost reduction projects
• Perform performance reviews and develop and reinforce career and talent development plans for salaried/indirect labor and hourly/direct labor employees.
• Ensure that the production process is operating in compliance to established process control set-points and operating procedures. Enforce process discipline and rigorous change control.
• Ensure the protection of Corning's Intellectual Property (IP).
Develop, implement and monitor training, qualification, certification and development programs for new and experienced operators, team leaders and engineers
• Facilitate and monitor all process/equipment changes and experimental plans involving the production process, including process improvement, new product trial runs, equipment/tooling redesign, raw material, batch and/or component changes
Project involved with:
• Global Strategy and Plant improvement projects to achieve cost, quality, asset effectiveness, delivery, safety, morale, innovation, and growth targets.