The Technical Program Manager will lead a cross-functional team members for product development programs. Teams are focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system from the design process through finished state for internal / external customers. From a technical perspective, monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with key stakeholders (e.g. functional leaders, internal customers, and ODM partners) on technical matters. Assigns and monitors work of staff, providing technical support and direction.
• Owns product development plan, includes product scope, features, technical assessments, risk management, resource management and schedule management independently.
• Manage all development activities and drive product delivery on time.
• Provide the clear product status update, critical issue deep dive as engineering representative.
• Leads the communication with all appropriate extended teams and technical suppliers and ensures they are informed and in agreement with all activities needed for the product/program to succeed.
• Manages product issues closure in a timely manner via driving internal functional team, external ODM partners, and technical suppliers' support.
• Responsible for the leadership and management of project execution.
• Leads process improvement initiatives in addition to managing day to day project execution.
• Understand individual functional area the challenges, deliverables and project critical path.
• Demonstrates on the strong leadership to build up credit/relationship with oversea teams, and could make "right" decision with the limited information given
• Ability to deal with ambiguity situation when to analyze the business impacts and move project forward or hold/stop project execution
• Server and Storage related product development experience is PLUS, and PC /Laptop related Technical PM experience is a MUST.
Excellent knowledge and application of engineering development activities
• Strong on problem solving skills
• Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
• Ability to work in an oversea team environment
• With Cross-Functional skills. Communication skills
• With Mentoring/Coaching skills. Negotiation skills
• Ability to influence others to achieve results. Presentation skills
• Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor's degree; or 10+ years with a Master's degree