Main purpose of job:
The British Office Taipei is recruiting a Science and Innovation Officer to join the local Science and Innovation team. The role offers an exciting opportunity to support collaboration between the UK and Taiwan at a time when the relationship is growing quickly. You will be working on projects related to a range of innovative, future-defining technologies such as Semiconductors, Low Carbon Technologies, Smart Cities, Digital Healthcare and Advanced Manufacturing.
A key function of your role will be to work with team members and external stakeholders as well as helping to build networks, staying up to speed on developments in the tech sector, supporting reporting and analysis work and spotting opportunities for projects and events.
You will also be responsible for providing a range of administrative support to the Science and Innovation Network team. In particular you will support the team’s work focused on programmes, events and research to deepen UK-Taiwan collaboration in our areas of focus. You will help keep projects and events on schedule and liaise with delivery partners for project coordination.
The British Office is an exciting and rewarding place to work, where your work can make a real impact. The working environment is supportive and friendly and there are lots of opportunities for learning and development.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Project creation and management
• Working with the team to identify potential programmes or projects of value to existing and new stakeholders.
• Early involvement with programmes and projects run by the team within the British Office and helping to plan ambitious outcomes with effective delivery.
• Facilitate communications between delivery partners and other stakeholders, providing support where appropriate to help keep projects on track such as arranging meetings, keeping action lists and following these up. Projects will include already specified UK delegations covering Smart Cities and Offshore Renewable Energy as part of Innovate UK’s Global Business Innovation Programme. We will also be initiating other exciting programmes in the coming months that will cover the full spectrum of the UK’s technology interests.
• Work with local and UK based Science and Innovation Network partners to help prepare the way for ambitious future UK-Taiwan collaboration programmes.
Building and maintaining networks
• Understand both the UK and Taiwan tech landscapes and use this knowledge to reach out to new contacts of relevance to the team’s future work.
• Engage with local and UK-based stakeholders to understand their needs and hopes and work with the team to use this knowledge to identify mutually beneficial areas of collaboration that are in line with the UK’s priorities.
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
The British Office offers a competitive remuneration package with a gross salary of NT$63,514 per month x 13.5, benefits, leave entitlement and training package. The British Office Taipei has a strong commitment to developing staff and supports staff who wish to pro-actively develop their talents and abilities. With a dedicated Learning and Development Committee and opportunities to undertake training including self-study, in-house online training programmes as well as classroom-based training; the British Office is a great place to work for those committed to self-development.
For more information and how to apply, please access the following link to our FCDO vacancies website: https://bit.ly/3JoPFcr
All applications must be submitted through the FCDO Vacancies website, and received before 23:55 on 17 August 2022.
月薪63,514元 外商公司 距捷運市政府站200公尺