As a Purchasing Manager you are a key part of the Operations Team and part of the Global Supply Chain Team. A key part of your role is to implement processes and best practices related to managing inventory, reducing E&O, improving on time delivery, supplier relationships, and overall supplier performance. This will require managing and coaching your team, driving supplier improvement programs, procuring new items, implementing material management processes and procedures with key suppliers, and identifying/qualifying new suppliers.
On an average day, you'll...
- Identify all key data points including sales orders, forecasts, supplier capacity, planning settings, and material availability in order to optimize material flow, customer expectations, E&O, and supply risk.
- Provide support to all procurement and material management activities including new product development, product introduction, engineering change orders, and product change notifications.
- Material planning for supplier and incoming shipment management. You will monitor the inventory and sales orders and make adjustments based on customer sales order and forecast changes.
- Support key account projects and improve key performance indicators (inventory levels, customer fill rate, slow moving products, supplier on time delivery).
- Manage supplier relationships locally and globally to maintain/improve product prices and ensure timely shipments, reduce lead times, and improve deliveries. Clearly communicate changes to schedules and expectations with suppliers to drive results.
- Support our quality standards (i.e. ISO, LEAN methodology)
A Purchasing Manager who has supply chain/purchasing management experience and understands the supply chain challenges in a fast paced electronics environment. You take decisions in favor of high quality and low costs wherever possible. You thrive in an open and transparent culture.
- A Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Business, Economics, Logistics or related field.
- 10-12 years of supply chain experience and at least 5 years of direct employee management experience
- Affinity with computer hardware is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with using ERP systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle, etc.), (MRP/DDMRP) related to procurement, inventory planning, and supplier management
- Understand Sales and Operations Planning and how to interpret the outputs as it relates to purchasing, supply planning, and supplier capacity
- Pay attention to detail and exhibit a strong focus on quality (LEAN and ISO experience required)
- Organized with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Manage time well in an environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and you are a team player
Who we are:
OnLogic is growing, and we want to give you the same opportunity to grow in your career! We design and manufacture specialized computers and hardware solutions for companies all over the world, helping them to make the seemingly impossible possible. Our computers are designed to work where others would fail, and it's our vision to be the first choice in industrial computing. To make that vision a reality, we've built a team of ambitious problem solvers, guided by the company's core values of Open, Fair, Innovative and Independent. We have an open office, open salaries and strive to be fair and transparent in our decision making. We encourage input and feedback from every member of our team and look to improve ourselves and our business every single day.
To learn more about our values, our mission and what it's like to work at OnLogic, visit www.onlogic.com/careers.
- Competitive Salary based upon your experience and the requirements of the role
- Benefits package
- Company provided vacation days, travel reimbursement
- Annual profit share
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Incredibly awesome colleagues and working environment.