As a Firmware Engineer at OnLogic you lead the development of firmware/software coding tasks for the various microcontroller (MCU) applications across our own products including motherboards and expansion cards. You will also support external partners performing BIOS creation for our own computer motherboards. You will engage in projects from the concept phase, through development, prototype build and validation all the way through volume production.
On an average day, you'll...
- Work with the product definition and product design team to identify and document the microcontroller firmware requirements.
- Code and debug MCU firmware.
- Work with the product definition and product design team to define BIOS specifications.
- Collaborate with external parties in the development of the UEFI BIOS.
- Work with manufacturing to build prototypes for evaluation.
- Validate function of firmware & BIOS on prototypes.
- Perform RTOS porting and development of the device drivers.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company’s development processes.
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team's success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware, Applications, Sustaining and Regulatory.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering.
- Over 3 years of Firmware development experience.
- Experience in embedded firmware, and debugging using JTAG based debuggers & analyzers.
- Background in software design with C, Assembly.
- A good understanding of PC hardware architectures, BIOS and Linux.
- Experience with microcontrollers, their architecture and operation.
- Strong engineering aptitude for electronic/electrical systems.
- Understand schematics for software/hardware integration.
- A detail oriented skills with a focus on quality.
- TOEIC score of over 700 or with similar English proficiency level
Who we're looking for:
A self-motivated Firmware Engineer with proven experience in developing code for microcontrollers. Someone who is enthusiastic about software development and thrives at solving Engineering challenges!
Who we are:
OnLogic is growing, and we want to give you the same opportunity to grow in your career! We design and manufacture specialized computers and hardware solutions for companies all over the world, helping them to make the seemingly impossible possible. Our computers are designed to work where others would fail, and it's our vision to be the first choice in industrial computing. To make that vision a reality, we've built a team of ambitious problem solvers, guided by the company's core values of Open, Fair, Innovative and Independent. We have an open office, open salaries and strive to be fair and transparent in our decision making. We encourage input and feedback from every member of our team and look to improve ourselves and our business every single day.
OnLogic is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To learn more about our values, our mission and what it's like to work at OnLogic, visit www.onlogic.com/careers.
- A competitive Salary based upon your experience and the requirements of the role
- A comprehensive Benefits package
- Company provided vacation days, travel reimbursement and pension.
- Participation in the annual profit share of the company.
- Opportunity to Participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- An Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Open ears for innovations and ideas.
- A personal plan created to help you and us grow.
- Incredibly awesome colleagues and working environment.
- 40 hours of fun and serious responsibilities.