• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 2 years of experience in software development with Java or C++.
• Experience with data structures or algorithms in an academic or industry setting.
• Experience in developing backend service or data pipeline that handles large volume of data.
• Experience in data-driven quality work and in Android development.
• Experience with building automation systems or testing infrastructure.
• Experience in distributed computing and parallel computing.
• Ability to drive projects and learn quickly in a technically complex domain.
• Ability to collaborate well both within and outside the team.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As a member of the Pixel Quality team, you will play a key role in the Pixel software quality for a delightful user experience. You will work with teams across multiple regions on software development, feature tuning, infrastructure/tooling, product integration, and more.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
• Create innovative software engineering efforts, drive the design, and development that solve or strategically address business objectives.
• Ensure product excellence, technical excellence, and performance.
• Uphold engineering best practices (functional testing, performance testing, instrumentation, experiments, etc.).
• Collaborate with partner teams across Google.
• Help the team push toward our strategic goals.